Fandom Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we do a POTC roleplay? That'd be fun

5 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should we do a POTC roleplay? That'd be fun Empty Should we do a POTC roleplay? That'd be fun

Post by Nerd Bird Fri May 17, 2019 7:18 pm

You wanna be a pirate with me? I'll start.

"Poseidon is angry," Nerdy said aloud. She saw the captain approaching, and began to swab the decks twice as hard.
Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird

Job/hobbies : TALE House Leader

Character sheet
Name: Nerd Bird

Back to top Go down

Should we do a POTC roleplay? That'd be fun Empty Re: Should we do a POTC roleplay? That'd be fun

Post by Savysmarty Fri May 17, 2019 10:38 pm

what is a POTC roleplay?
Savysmarty
Savysmarty

Job/hobbies : Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Savanna Oliver

Back to top Go down

Should we do a POTC roleplay? That'd be fun Empty Re: Should we do a POTC roleplay? That'd be fun

Post by theGreatestFan02 Fri May 17, 2019 10:55 pm

OOC: Pirates of the Caribbean, I think. May I join?
theGreatestFan02
theGreatestFan02

Job/hobbies : MUSE House Leader, Being a jack-of-all-trades :)

Character sheet
Name: Ray Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Catlandia16 Sat May 18, 2019 6:22 am

The Captain continued to walk towards Nerdy as Catlandia watched from above. She watched as Nerdy's motions got swifter as the Captain neared closer. She then turned towards the open seas and scanned the horizon as the waves continued to pound the ship even harder.
Catlandia16
Catlandia16

Job/hobbies : WILD House Leader, Teacher

Character sheet
Name: Catlandia

Back to top Go down

Post by theGreatestFan02 Sat May 18, 2019 6:14 pm

OOC: I'm going to assume that means that I don't have to ask to join, haha...

Ray, a normal crew member with no specific role, somehow missed the times when he was a deck-swabber. Obviously, he had been promoted since then but now, he had no official title; he was just Ray. Not Ray the Cabin Boy, or Ray the Deck-Swabber, or even Captain Ray (Poseidon forbid he ever thought it). He was just Ray, another crew member. An odd crew member at that, especially since he kept watching the other crew members who actually had roles, wishing he had one.
Now, he was watching the Deck-Swabber called Nerdy. A peculiar name, he thought, but their ship was full of peculiar names. And the captain was coming straight for her. Was she in trouble?
theGreatestFan02
theGreatestFan02

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerd Bird Sat May 18, 2019 11:57 pm

Nerdy stopped abruptly as the Captain came to stand behind her. "My quarters," he said. Nerdy felt terror wash over her. What was about to happen? Would she become fish food? Would she be deserted on an island, with nothing but a knife to keep her company? The Captain's cruel punishments were feared by all.
She stood, and took a passing glance at her friend Catlandia.
Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerd Bird Sun May 19, 2019 12:08 am

It wasn't like Nerdy had done something bad...She just...kinda...sorta...threw a rat in the Captain's soup by accident...
"I'm deader than the red Dead Sea," she thought to herself.
She slowly walked behind the Captain, and noticed the only one staring was Ray. What was his problem? She stuck her tongue out, hoping to calm her fears.
Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catlandia16 Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Catlandia watched as Nerdy followed the Captain in the general direction of the Captain quarters. She then noticed that Ray was sitting off to the side staring at random crew members as they did their work. Ray was odd person, and that was saying a lot based on the crew aboard this ship. She grabbed her telescope and went back to searching the rough blue sea.
Catlandia16
Catlandia16

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerd Bird Mon May 20, 2019 5:57 pm

The door shut behind them, and the entire ship erupted with murmurs of concern. What had she done.
Inside the Captain's cabin, the Captain took off his hat.
"In all of my years sailing the sea, never have I been so confused in my life. A little bird tipped me off that you have been conspiring with the East India Trading Company." The Captain fingered the sword on his belt. Nerdy gulped. She was dead. The only other who knew was Rat. She was going to kill him.
"Captain, I swear, whoever told you is lying. You know I have been nothing but loyal to the Siren's Lament for years. How can I forget you having taken me in? I could never repay that debt."
She sent a prayer to Poseidon, hoping she could get out of this alive.
Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Savysmarty Mon May 20, 2019 6:25 pm

Savy, an assistant cook on the ship overheard the conversation. She just continued cooking, hoping that it would be resolved.
Savysmarty
Savysmarty

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by theGreatestFan02 Mon May 20, 2019 7:11 pm

Ray blinked in reply to Nerdy's stuck out tongue. He turned away and continued to watch other crew members. There was something odd, interesting, about Nerdy.
'Says the oddest one on the ship,' a treacherous voice says to him in his head.
Ray shook his head softly to himself, before standing up from the side of the boat that he was sitting on. He stalked over to the other side, where the sun was rising in the morning sky. He leaned against the edge of the boat, staring off across the seemingly endless span of water. He glanced up at the person up in the crow's nest. The lookout. Catlandia, or something like that. Had she been looking at him before? Or was that just part of her surveying job? Did she observe other people quietly like he did?
Then there was the cook, Savy... she seemed rather disinterested in everything. He thought he had heard her talk before, but she just loved cooking, he supposed.
And Nerdy... she seemed quiet in a different way. She seemed reserved, but when confronted, he had a feeling she was not quiet. At least, by the way she stuck her tongue out at him just because he had been looking her way.
Maybe Ray would go eavesdrop on Nerdy and the Captain. Of course, there would be a certain risk to that, but one thing about Ray, he was curious.
He sighed quietly, and waited for the door to close behind Nerdy and the Captain so he could go over and listen... maybe from one of the windows...
He started walking over.
theGreatestFan02
theGreatestFan02

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerd Bird Mon May 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Nerdy flinched as the Captain stood right behind her. "One more chance. It's all you get. Don't screw it up. Now go back and feed my pets," the Captain said. Nerdy quickly nodded and flew out the door. Her face was burning from shame. She grabbed the barrel of fish and meats and rolled it to the far side of the ship, away from everyone, there, following closely behind, were the Saltwater crocodiles, two large and disgusting sickly green reptiles, their gaping jaws having meat tangled between teeth, begging for more food. She threw the fish in one by one, pondering her next move. She pushed her sleeve up and fingered the P, burned into her skin from a run in with the British Navy.
Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerd Bird Mon May 20, 2019 8:24 pm

She didn't notice Ray as he came over to her.
Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Savysmarty Mon May 20, 2019 9:26 pm

She was afraid of the captain, and thought it would be rude if she talked to the others, she had a job to do.
Savysmarty
Savysmarty

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by theGreatestFan02 Mon May 20, 2019 10:41 pm

As he came up to the door, it swung open and Nerdy came flying out. Ray froze, and nearly got hit in the face with the door. In fact, he did. Ouch. But she didn't notice. Double ouch.
Ray rubbed his nose where he had gotten hit with the wooden door. It didn't hurt too bad, but it may have left a mark. That's what he got for trying to eavesdrop, he supposed. Maybe he should stop being so anti-social. Maybe instead of just watching people, he should try talking to them.
He looked over, and Nerdy was busy doing... something. He didn't know exactly what she was doing, but he decided he would go over and at least say hi.
He walked over and took his place a few paces away, before coughing and waving.
theGreatestFan02
theGreatestFan02

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerd Bird Tue May 21, 2019 5:27 am

"Woah! That's a person!" Nerdy quickly covered the P on her arm, accidentally tipping the barrel over into the sea. She looked up at Ray. Ray. "What do you want?" she asked carefully. These were the first words she had ever spoken to him, and it felt strange. He was a nobody, literally picked up from a port town and just left in the shadows.
Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerd Bird Tue May 21, 2019 6:52 pm

She turned back to the crocs, watching them lap up the fish and meat, seeing as they tried to ward off the sharks that smelled blood. She pat her frizzy hair down, uncomfortable as Ray said nothing for a moment. "You know, a barnacle has more of a personality than you do," she said haughtily.
Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by theGreatestFan02 Tue May 21, 2019 8:48 pm

(OOC: Oof, lol)

Ray didn't know how to respond at first, but he ended up shrugging.
"Sorry." he muttered.
She was right. He really was a boring human being. Especially for a pirate. He followed orders and nothing else... except for watching others following orders.
Should he say something else? He didn't talk very much. In fact, this was probably the first time Nerdy had ever heard him speak. Gosh, he was so weird.
"You alright? With the captain and all?" he asked finally.
theGreatestFan02
theGreatestFan02

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerd Bird Tue May 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Nerdy's eyes grew cold. "None of your business." She sidestepped him, and began walking away. She still had to clean out the Crews quarter's. Just the thought made her shudder.
Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by theGreatestFan02 Tue May 21, 2019 10:39 pm

"Sorry... I-" Ray called as she started to walk away. What should he say? That he was trying to be more social? Pfft, no, he would make a fool of himself.
Ray took a few quick strides forward so that he was standing about a foot in front of Nerdy. He didn't want to keep calling after her, because that could make a scene.
"I mean, I was just going to ask if you wanted help. With whatever you have to do..." he said.
What would happen next? Was she going to tell him no? Why did he care so much? Because he wanted to be more social, that's why. He really didn't have anyone that he talked with on the ship... was he being weird just by trying to talk with someone? Stop, Ray, he thought, you're overthinking this!
You overthink everything.
Shut up.
Heck, you're talking to yourself in your head!
I said, shut- shoot you're right... well, still! Shut up!
theGreatestFan02
theGreatestFan02

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catlandia16 Wed May 22, 2019 2:24 am

She watched as Ray snuck towards the Captains quarters and slowly inched his way towards the door. What the heck is he doing? Is he trying to get killed or worse....Catlandia shuddered at the thought. The  door suddenly swung outwards and slammed Ray right in the nose. She covered her mouth as a small chuckle came out.
Catlandia grabbed her telescope and watched as Ray once again followed Nerdy and even tried to keep talking to her as she walked away. Catlandia rolled her eyes and put down her telescope. He's such a creep. He watches people 24/7, since he nothing else to do.
But you do that. Says a voice inside her head.
What no I do not. She says back annoyed.
Yes you do. All the time. Instead of just staring at the blue wide open seas, watching for enemies, you spend a good chunk of that time watching your fellow crew members. She couldn't argue with that.
  Sure, she was the lookout and at first it was pretty cool and even fun. She was able to sneak more time to read and write, but it did get lonely being up in the crow's nest after a while. She had nobody to talk to and nobody wanted to talk to her, because after all, who wants to climb a ladder that's 35 meters high, just to reach a small half of a wine barrel that's only 23 inches in diameter.
 To be honest she thought the space was super roomy when she joined the ship but as she got older and taller, the space only seemed to shrink in size, on the bright-side she could still sit with her knees pulled against her chest and enjoy her books.
 She turned her attention back towards the ship and spotted the Captain pacing the deck. He looked up at the exact moment she leaned over the barrel and they locked eyes. He gave her a menacing glare and pointed to the dinning hall. Guess she missed the dinner bell, again, for the third time this week, except this time the Captain had noticed.
Catlandia16
Catlandia16

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by theGreatestFan02 Wed May 22, 2019 4:14 am

(Oh, um... I'm going to assume that means it's time for dinner?)

Before Nerdy could respond (or maybe before Ray could hear her respond), Ray heard a loud bell clanging from somewhere on the ship. He turned his head towards the sound, recognizing it as the dinner bell.
He turned around, about to ask Nerdy if she was coming, but then realized she probably had her chores/punishment to deal with. She probably wasn't allowed to go to dinner until they were done.
"Well, if you want, I can skip dinner for now and help you. It'll get done faster that way." he said.
What are you talking about? You're a pirate! You're not supposed to be nice! Ray thought to himself.
Yeah, well there's always gotta be the worst one, right? He thought back.
theGreatestFan02
theGreatestFan02

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Savysmarty Wed May 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Savy went up deck and rang the bell, signaling for everyone that it was time to eat. after, she quickly went down to start serving the dishes to everyone.
I hope that they like it. I made Buttered Salmon and spicy oysters.
she shivered a little at the thought. before she became a cook, she hated fish. but now its the only thing available to eat. She watched as various crew members came to get their dinner.
( the dinning room is located beneath the captains quarters.)
Savysmarty
Savysmarty

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catlandia16 Wed May 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Catlandia climbed over the edge of the crow's nest and descended down the Jacobs ladder swinging in the wind. She paused for a moment and gazed at the open blue sea, that was crashing in the wind. She reached the deck and scurried across the wet wooden deck. She walked towards the Captain's quarters and entered through an archway and down several flights of stairs until she reached a hallway full of marked doors. She entered the door marked Dining Room and hurried towards the white cloth lined table with Chef Savy standing behind an array of dishes.
Catlandia16
Catlandia16

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Savysmarty Wed May 22, 2019 7:23 pm

She began serving the crew members, cutting pieces and putting it on their plates. She noticed Catlandia walking towards her and smiled happily.
" I see you decided to come to dinner today, how has it been up in the crows nest?"
Savysmarty
Savysmarty

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catlandia16 Wed May 22, 2019 7:25 pm

"Yeah, I guess I finally have. Lonely as usual." She rubbed her temples, getting rid of a headache.
Catlandia16
Catlandia16

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Savysmarty Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 pm

She noticed her rubbing her head.
" hey, if you have a headache I have some medicine."
She pointed to the kitchen behind herself.
" If you look in the far left cupboard back there, you should find some pink powder in a round container. Mix it in with your drink and your headache should relatively go away."
She continued serving the food and greeted a couple other people.
Savysmarty
Savysmarty

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catlandia16 Wed May 22, 2019 7:39 pm

"Thank you so much." She replied and headed towards the kitchen. Once inside she opened the cupboard and grabbed the pink powder. She twisted off the bap and poured some in her water. She then returned to the dinning room and took her normal seat next to Nerdy.
Catlandia16
Catlandia16

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Savysmarty Wed May 22, 2019 8:47 pm

After everyone was served, she served herself some spicy oyster and put the dishes in the sink. She mildly enjoyed it, loving the spicy, but hating all things seafood. She was a fast eater so she quickly finished her meal and washed the dishes. She then grabed a basket and went up on the deck.
She had been growing a garden on deck so that they would have fruits and vegetables. She walked over to it and picked some oranges, apples, and peaches. ( the basket was fairly large)
she brought them back down to the dinning room and set them on the table. then, she faced everyone in the room.
"Everyone! please remember to eat a piece of fruit. I don't want anyone to have scurvy!"
she then grabbed an orange and went to the kitchen. She slept in the kitchen, having laid out a mat and wool pillow to sleep on. so she sat down on her bed and snacked on the orange.
in her mind, she was planning on what they should have for breakfast.
Savysmarty
Savysmarty

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by theGreatestFan02 Wed May 22, 2019 8:50 pm

(OOC: Still just waiting for Nerdy... haha oof)
theGreatestFan02
theGreatestFan02

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerd Bird Wed May 22, 2019 9:52 pm

Nerdy slurped the oysters down, shuddering at their slimy texture. She quickly scarfed the salmon down, tossed the plate in a barrel, and quickly ran back up on deck. She hated going down there. It gave her the feeling of being trapped, with no where to go. Twilight was coming, and the storm was beginning to subside. Nerdy climbed the ropes to clean the seagull poop from the masts. She noticed a lone figure watching her from below. She couldn't make them out.
Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catlandia16 Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 pm

Nerdy got up and rushed out of the Dinning Room without saying a word to Catlandia. Catlandia pushed her oysters to the side of her plate and ate her salmon. She then walked back up the deck and gazed out at the blue seas. She let out a sigh and sat on the wooden deck.
Catlandia16
Catlandia16

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by theGreatestFan02 Wed May 22, 2019 10:30 pm

"Nerdy?" Ray asked, but she didn't seem to hear him. Instead, she just went straight down into the kitchens.
Ray watched her go, and sighed.
Welp, that just goes to prove why he shouldn't try talking to people. It doesn't work, apparently.
Ray went down into the dining hall and ate the oysters and salmon indifferently. The food was alright. He wondered what chef Savvy felt, being the cook and all. Did she fish for the food herself, and then prepare it? Did she like her job?
Ray also noticed that Catlandia finally came in for dinner. She hadn't been there the last couple of times.
Ray knew almost every crew member's name and specific little things about them.
The Captain's first mate hated oysters. He snuck them onto the plate of the pirate next to him, and Ray was pretty sure nobody besides him saw.
That one crew member with the anchor tattoo had an obsession with girl's ankles. It was weird, Ray thought, but who was he to judge?
And Nerdy was leaving.
Ray noticed, and put his empty tray down. He had been finished for a while anyway.
He went out onto the deck, and saw Catlandia staring out at the sea.
He looked up and saw Nerdy up on the masts as well. He waved, but wasn't sure if she saw him. He wasn't sure if she cared. Or if he did.
Should he try talking to Nerdy again? OR should he talk to Catlandia?
Ray flipped an imaginary coin in his head.
He cleared his throat and called, "Hey, there." as he start walking towards where Catlandia was.
theGreatestFan02
theGreatestFan02

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catlandia16 Wed May 22, 2019 11:18 pm

Catlandia stared at the sea trapped in her head. Thinking about the time before she became a pirate. She jumped at a voice behind her saying, "Hey, there."
She turned her head and saw Ray walking towards her.
"Hey." She said bluntly.
"So, why are you out here, shouldn't you be at dinner?" She asked Ray while gazing out at the dark lapping water that had calmed since the storm left.
Catlandia16
Catlandia16

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by theGreatestFan02 Wed May 22, 2019 11:59 pm

"I could say the same to you, you realize?" he replied smartly, leaning against the edge of the boat next to her. But not too close. He didn't know her at all yet.
"Anyway, I saw you and Nerdy up there leave. I was done eating anyway." he said, staring out at the water like she was. Was he supposed to? Is that how people talked? Did people have conversations while looking at other things around them? Was that normal?
theGreatestFan02
theGreatestFan02

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next